Tuesday, December 14, 2010

MsM, Powerbar!, and the TT rig.

I'm excited to announce a few 2011 season sponsors, the first being Multisport Ministries. The founding men of MsM have backed me since day one of this journey, believed in me, and have helped make this pursuit possible. They have helped me become the athlete I have become, but more importantly have walked alongside me on the journey of life, challenging me to be the best man I can - living for a greater purpose than myself alone.

I am also very grateful to be connected with Powerbar for the 2011 season, maker of the best nutrition and energy foods on the market. Many people just think they make energy bars, but they've come out with a ton of new stuff over the years: Endurance sports drink, Recovery drink, Powerbar gels, Powerbar gel blast chews, trail mix type bars, Energy Bites, Ironman Perform sports drink and Protein powder most recently, which is packed with protein and tastes like a milkshake compared to to the Cytomax brand powder I used prior.


I am seeking additional financial & product/service sponsors for the 2011 season.

I have also begun working with coach Melissa Mantak, who recently earned the highly prestigious USA Triathlon Coach of the Year Award for 2010. After my first month with Melissa, I will tell you that she is more than deserving of such an award.

After selling my Blue Triad SL, parting out a few bikes, scrapping some other parts, getting out the metal saw, and getting my Specialized Transition Pro frameset thanks to the folks at Bike Source, my new TT rig is built up. Can wait to throw the race wheels on it and let her fly.

Specs:
  • 2011 Specialized Transition Pro, size XL
  • SRAM Red 11-23 cassette & derailleurs
  • Quarq Cinco Saturn power meter w/SRAM carbon cranks, 53-39 rings
  • Speedplay zero stainless steel pedals
  • Shimano Pro Missile aerobars with custom cut (& warranty-voided) Zipp chicane s-bend extensions & swapped Profile Design armrests
  • SRAM 900 TT carbon shifters
  • Profile Design ABS carbon brake levers
  • ISM Adamo Breakaway saddle
  • Garmin Edge 500
  • I'll be riding on a set of 2010 Zipp 808 tubulars, to go with my Zipp Sub-9 disc wheel


The new Specialized TT2 aero helmet, the fastest TT helmet you can find.

No comments: